EMVI proposes, pilots and assesses 3 relevant tools for participation and
consultation of migrants on policy topics relevant for their communities and
- On the one hand the methodology of issue-raising workshops will be adapted
for this context. The concept for the facilitation of issue raising meetings
will be developed based on legislative theatre, open space methodology, Pedagogy
of the Oppressed and the issue raising concept used by trade unions in
South-East Asia. The main idea is to raise issues of concern of migrants and
their organisations in a participative open space and develop them to
possible policy demands and solutions.
- Secondly, a digital platform for migrants’ participation based on the open
source tool DECIDIM will be set up and adapted to the local context to open new
spaces for issue raising and making policy proposals, adapted for migrant
communities which are often excluded from participation in elections and
- Thirdly, based on the experiences of the Migrant Advisory Council in Berlin
and Graz and the lessons learnt in past experiences like in Empoli and other
European cities, the model of migrant advisory councils as a consultation mechanism
will be presented and revised, on the basis of the results of Good Practise
The implementation phase will be accompanied by an accompanying external
evaluation. The tools will be presented to the European institutions and
platform organisations in Brussels at the end of the project and disseminated
on European level.
Watch this space for updates and links to upcoming participation possibilities
Online Participation Platform
- in Graz (Austria): “Design Graz Together”
- in Empoli (Italy): Empoli partecipa – Miglioriamo Empoli insieme!
- in Heraklion (Greece): DECIDIM HERAKLION – Empowering Migrant Voices together!
- in Lustenau (Austria): Mitgestalten in Lustenau – Co-designing in Lustenau
- in Lubiana (Slovenia): DECIDIM LJUBLJANA – Let’s strengthen the voices of migrants!