Twiyubacke Nyamirambo – Establishing Women’s Self-empowerment Association of Nyamirambo – Kigali
The main objectives of this Project are:Implementation:
- to increase empowerment of a marginalized group of younger women in Nyamirambo;
- to overcome the absence of solidarity among women, to build their self-confidence and competences on the
- to facilitate self-help and community participation in gender equality advocacy and to develop sustainable local capacity for gender equality awareness raising;
- to teach women how to create spaces where their needs and problems related to the link between victimisation, gender based violence, and other areas of life can be identified and taken up by themselves;
- to start a strategic partnership of a new EU donor country’s women’s NGO (Slovenia) with the Rwandan NGO sector.
Activities: 1. Starting up
- Kick-off activities of all partners and prospective volunteers;
- Recruitment of women for the group, meetings start, define mission and plan the work of the group, preparations for registration with the government, look for the local office space;
- Establishment of the local office in Nyamirambo, equipment purchase, office space organisation.
- Carrying out a workshop on basic skills in self-help, management of the group and counselling;
- Meeting with Rwandan partner and the women’s group;
- Production and collection of materials for further use of the group – acquire books, simple manual, leaflet.
- Carrying out awareness raising and learning workshop concerning gender based violence, everyday gender discrimination and access to education.
- Monitor the implementation of the project;
- Intermediate evaluation and progress report;
- Final Evaluation and final report production;
- Dissemination – website design and maintenance, leaflets, open door day;
- Sustainability work – further fund raising activities in Slovenia, Europe and East Africa, work with recruitment of further volunteers, work on own governmental, international, sources – sustainability plan.
Timing [start date]
Austrian Development Agency, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Slovenia